Wednesday 24 November 2010

Review: 2012

After an hour of breathtaking special effect, the pace slows down and the lack of believable story (if you care about physics, don't watch this movie) can't even be compensated by Amanda Peet.

The first hour is breathtaking. I almost felt as being on a roller coaster. I didn't even mind, that a lot of the special effects or scenes were repeated over and over again. I can't remember a first half of a movie, which kept me on the edge of my seat that much.

Emmerich on the other hand, seems to have one story to tell. As in Godzilla and Independence Day the hero lives seperate from his wife and due to a calamity, they reunite in the end.

John Cusack is a waste of film. I liked him in High Fidelity but probably just because the role suited him. Amanda looks hot as ever. I really think she is one of the hottest women on the big screen. Danny Glover is just too old for this shit and Woody Harrelson is great, but has a too small part in the movie.

Summary: It could have been a great movie, if it had been cut down to 90 minutes and the end changed. I am unsure, if I should reccommend you watching it. Bah, lets be nice and support it halfheartedly.



No comments:

Post a Comment