Wednesday 24 November 2010

Review: Civilization V

This is only a very short review and tbh more a test of the amazon links than anything else.

Civilization is probably the only series I own every box. Twenty years ago, Civilization hit the shelves and for twenty years, I have been playing this game. There are huge discussions, which of them is the best and if the new product can beat the previous ones or not.

I do not think, that Civilization V is the best Civ of all times, despite huge improvements. The graphics are superb. I also like the change from squares to hexagones. I also like, that there are no more Stacks of Doom and that each military unit uses one tile.

But I do miss the movies you got in previous games, when you built a wonder. I do miss religion and the influence of culture in Civ 4.

So, should you buy this game or not? I am a bit torn. On one hand, the game has potential and is beautiful. I really hope, future updates or mods will improve the game and add things I miss. But for my playstyle, I'd rather keep on playing Civilisation 4 (Complete Edition) than play Civ V.


No comments:

Post a Comment