Tuesday 21 December 2010

LotRO - Are you ready to rumble?

Now that most of the instances can be reached by the skirmish-menu, probably much to the relief of Captains, our raids seem to start with much less delay.

What is deplorable is that many people lack the consumables needed.

Highest on the list are tokens. I usually have three stacks of plus five tokens on each of my raiding characters (usually one stack 40 minutes, 30 minutes and 15 minutes). It is always the same group of people who pop tokens before the fight and the same slackers that cry for one after a rez even though you know, they didn't pop one to start with. This gets on my fucking nerves...

Sadly, you can't inspect bags before the raid. Even more sad, that you should be able to do that in a kin.

I understand, that not everyone has a jeweller. But four of the seven vocations have prospector as one of the three professions. I am more than happy to craft tokens for those kinnies, who don't have a jeweller, just bring me the mats. If you are a historian and need tokens, trade some scrolls for tokens.

If you have only a yeoman, you can provide food for the raid. As a woodsman, you can at least do some farming.

Crafting does not take that much time. I usually use a warden to farm scholar- and prospector-nodes (yes, I got more than one warden). The out-of-combat-run-speed-skill does make farming nodes easier. I sometimes even triple-box, running from node to node on two accounts, crafting on my third account (this gets me killed in some places though...)

About one hour work gives enough consumables for one month heavy raiding. Some of my produce I put in the raid-chest or send to officers and friends.

So when it is this easy, why do I complain? Because when someone dies, get rezed and has to beg for a token, this wastes time and risks that he dies again (as due to dread, his health is reduced a lot). As many of the new fights punishes deaths, a further death increases the risk of a wipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment