Tuesday 28 December 2010

Sony 3D bundle

Conclusion

I was suprised, that after entering the code on the sony-site to get GT5, there was no confirmation. I did wait for some days and after having checked my emails, I wrote Sony. Less than 24 hours later, I got a reply, telling me that my registration had worked and that the game would be sent next week.

About a week later, I had mail.

I will review Gran Turismo 5 in a seperate post.

However, even with all the updates needed, I couldn't get the other games that were part of the bundle. Somehow the registration needed, did not go through. As some of the games were part of a small 3D demo, I had the chance to view them and decided, that they weren't worth putting a lot of effort into getting them.

Sadly, at the moment there are very few movies which offer 3D support. The only one I would really want, is Avatar 3D. But as Panasonic has the exclusive rights till 2012 to sell Avatar 3D with their own TVs, this won't be happening any time soon. On ebay the movie sells for around 100 EUR, which is far more than I am willing to spend...

I am pleased with the Sony KDL-46NX710, 46" 3D TV Bundle Promotion PS3. I got a second PS3, which I right now don't need. Nor do I really have a need for the 3D feature. Probably, I would rather go for a non 3D-TV at the moment as prices for 3D-TVs will drop when more movies and games arrive.

Not that I am not happy with the 46NX710. It is a beautiful piece of hardware and I can't say nothing bad about it. But if I were on a tighter budget, I would rather not buy a 3D-TV right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment