Monday 3 September 2007

Binge drinking

I have really little experience with drugs. I have never smoked, never used any hard drugs or even soft drugs as religion and marihuana. Alcohol is a drug I use on a weekly basis. Not every week but sometimes more than once a week.

I have been drunk about two times mostly because of love. Not love-drunk, just drunk to get over rejection. Less than once a month, I probably drink more than I should. Tilllate 7 was the last time, the last night in Ibiza an other.

As I normally drive to parties by car, I drink one unit max. Beer I don’t like much, therefore I might drink less than six a year. Gin Tonic is my poison. And I even might drink a Gin Tonic at home alone, but a bottle lasts for a very long time.

I am disgusted with drunk or intoxicated people and therefore keep excesses to a minimum.

Today, as I took the tram to work, a drunk had collapsed at a station surrounded by open and full bottles and his friends. I get a lot of cases of drug users at work and know how they end. And with their stinking breath, dirty clothes and ‚good’ company, they are nowhere where I want my life to go.

But I know I might sound old, I am also suprised how drunk young people get today. It is not as bad yet as what I saw in London last year, which was terrible, but drinking seems to be a major problem of young people. When I was younger and we experienced, we were more secret. Today it seems to be OK to get drunk in the middle of the town.

And don’t get me started on littering...

No comments:

Post a Comment