Sunday 2 September 2007

Tilllate Party 7

Yesterday I went to the 7 years Party of tilllate. I hadn’t quite figured it out, if I wanted to go at all or not. In fact, I even had planned to cover some other parties in Basel for tilllate.

I didn’t really mind going to tilllate 7, I just didn’t want to drive on my own nor did I want travel with the tilllate-coach. Not that I minded travelling with the other tilllaters. But I wasn’t looking forward to have to wait till six to take the bus back.

But Christian asked me if I would join him and I reluctantly agreed. The trip to Zurich was pleasant. Christian has a big car. We found a free parking and were suprised that we were not VIP. A theme that would continue the evening.

I met Debby at the entrance. Talked a bit but then went inside with Christian. He met two girls, one of them I did not recognize at first but I really knew from some other parties. But she remembered me. I liked her and her friend who I hope to meet again soon. James came and asked us to meet for a picture, which is when I last saw the ladies. Bad, bad James.

The Lounge for the photographers was, hm, I try to put it politely, shitty. There was no place to sit and it really didn’t look very stable. The usual photographers were not allowed in the VIP-Section. So I missed talking to some of the other people at tilllate who themselves were allowed in the VIP section. Debby told me, that this happened because last year, some photographers puked next to our clients. From the outside the VIP-section looked nice. Anthony was very pissed, that we were not allowed inside as the photographers used to be the most important part of tilllate and now, according to him, are less important than the companies. He added, that we should go on a strike for a week or two.

There was something about the worlds largest Vodka bottle, which is no fun, if you’re not allowed to drink from it. And there should have been the launch of tilllates new design. But I saw nothing of it. Some Mister Switzerland made a speech which didn’t receive much attention. There was even clamour. They should have taken an ex Miss Switzerland or Christa Rigozzi, the Miss Switzerland 2006 because most of the photographers are blokes. Or even a vice-Miss Switzerland. I was looking for the other guys, to no avail. Talked to Debby again who even though she had been told to only have to work till 23:00 wasn’t relieved from duty till 3:00 when I went home. She is nice, even more than just nice.

The music was OK, but the rest of the party, better to forget asap. Next year, if I’m not allowed in the VIP-section, I will pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment