Monday 3 September 2007

Feeding the caged animals

On August 21st 2007, NZZ writes about the total blockade of Gaza from our Jewish friends. One point that seldom breaks news, is that the blockade also helps Jewish companies. The Pepsi bottling plant in Gaza can’t buy any carbon dioxide and had to shut down. Not just did Mohammed Yazegi, director of that plant, have to send home 250 workers, but also he loses market shares to Coca-Cola which still can be imported from Israel.

Mohammed Almi, owner of Future Tech in Gaza, says „Israel wants to controll our market and a total blockade is the best way to ruin the Palestinian competition. Some businessmen had to flee to prison because they feared revenge of their creditors because no business means no paying of debts.

UN says 1600 containers heading for Gaza are being held in Israeli storage costing around 80 dollars a day. 2500 workers have lost their jobs because Israel does not allow building materials into Gaza, 25'000 workers have lost their jobs because 600 textile and cloth factories can’t export, clothes worth over 12 million dollar are ready to be exported but are not allowed to leave the Strip.

You may attack me if I use Jewish and Israeli synonymic. I do make a difference in Switzeralnd or outside of Israel. But I feel wrong, when I say that this is the mistake of the Israelis, because with that I include the Christians and Muslims Israelis who don’t support the politics of the Jewish majority.

You may also attack me you think there is no difference between what I say and what Jean Ziegler says. I do believe, there still is. I do not hate the Jews, not even the Israeli Jews, but I think that a lot of them don’t see the reality or don’t want to.

I am not saying that the Israeli Jews are the SS of today. But I do strongly believe that the Israeli Jews have lost the right to criticise the Germans of WWII not directly involved in the Holocaust because as those Germans were to some extent were involved in the Holocaust, they are responsable for the suffering of the Palestinian people today.

No comments:

Post a Comment