Sunday 14 October 2007

Logitech G3

In my post of Sunday, 26th August 2007, I wrote about my problems with the G7 mouse by Logitech.

Logitech does still sell the mouse in the US, here for example by amazon.

But there seems still to be a lot of problems, just read the reviews. The mouse works fine for about a year, then suddenly problems appear. Many have the same problems like I, the batteries seem to need constant reloading. Mine, I have to change ever two hours. Then there is also a lot of talk of defective buttons, resulting in constant double-clicking even though the button is just pressed once.

What I do not understand is why they continue to sell a product in the US when they are not willing to sell it in Europe. Do they have less quality orientated customers in the US? I doubt this very much.

I talked (or mailed) a lot with Logitech and they are unwilling / unable to replace the G7 with the new G9 (with a cord) or the G7 (from the US). Instead they are sending me the MX™ Revolution. But I have to return the batteries of the G7 and the USB sender.

It seems, I'll have to let go and try the MX Revolution because the constant battery-changes are more than just annoying. You'll hear more as soon as I get my hands on it.

But I am still thinking of either buying the G7 again in the US, even if it is a error-prone bitch, but I love her nonetheless. I'll also might buy the G9. Seams you'll get some product reviews in the coming weeks.

If I had Logitech shares, I would think about selling them. The last few products I had, did not always meet my expectations.

The G7 is hardly usable after 18 months.

The G3 is not as they write, a perfect mouse for right- and left-handers but impractically for all due to the position of its buttons. Wasted money.

At the office, our keyboards are also not what you would expect from a Swiss company.

But on the other hand, the G7 is my favourite mouse ever from a haptic point of view and the G15 Keyboard rocks especially if you like to play in the dark.

On the plus side, the customer support was good. Even though I did not get what I wanted, they answered fast, even called twice, good work there.

No comments:

Post a Comment