Saturday 13 October 2007

Ratatouille

Not having expected much from the Ratatouile, mainly because of Pixar's last Movie, Cars, which I didn't like at all. I wasn't able to laugh once.

But having some cash to spend and an evening off, I went to a Saturday's Cinema Night with Ratatouille.

And I must admit, it was more fun than I had thought it would be. The voices I didn't know, which is a good thing because I don't want to be too distracted by them. Ian Holm, a.k.a. as Bilbo Baggins plays Skinner, the evil Sous-Chef and Peter O'Toole, probably most famous for his appearance as Lawrence of Arabia in the 1963 blockbuster with the same title lends his voice to Anton Ego, the food critic.

The first half hour is very pleasant. Which is not very common for any movie. But the last half hour is great. There are some great designs in the movie and some memorabel effects.

Taking all this in perspective, I'd rank it about as high as Ice Age II, but still a bit lower than Hot Fuzz, which I have reviewed here.

Therefore 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment